Bikes Make Life Better plans and operates bike programs for large organizations. We serve many of the world’s most respected companies, most notably, Bay Area tech companies. We run a robust bike program at a leading tech company in Sunnyvale and are looking for a highly collaborative, customer-driven individual to manage our client’s bike program, as a part of their transportation program.
This individual manages an on-site team of Bikes Make Life Better staff and coordinates efforts with our client and the Bikes Make Life Better home office team. The position includes managing and supporting the campus bike program, the employee bike commuter program, infrastructure improvements and global bike engagement programming.
The Bike Program Manager works under the direction of Bikes Make Life Better management, in collaboration with our client's Transportation staff.
- Staffing and People Management
- Determine staffing needs to meet client expectations
- Manage a team of bike professionals
- Plan objectives, assign accountabilities, monitor and appraise job results
- Lead recruiting, selecting and orienting of new staff
- Identify and implement relevant training and staff advancement programs
- Develop staff to their fullest potential
- Ensure staff are motivated and committed
- Program Management
- Manage the campus bike program including bike fleet assets and technologies
- Manage the employee bike commuter program, including loaner bikes and bike sales
- Manage employee bike programming on a global scale
- Project manage new bike-related programs
- Shape bike program policies and procedures
- Contribute to infrastructure improvements such as better bike parking
- Work in tandem with other departments and vendors, such as Facilities, Wellness and Security
- Customer Care
- Act as the primary point of contact for the client
- Maintain, or exceed, agreed-upon performance levels
- Participate in regular client and staff meetings in an engaged, informed and collaborative way
- Financial, Data Analysis and Reporting
- Track, report and analyze data on key performance indicators
- Lead the development of budgets
- Create Quarterly Business Reviews, including data reporting and meeting facilitation
- Help with bike-related events, like Bike-to-Work Day, Wellness Fairs, Transportation Fairs, classes on basic bike safety and maintenance and lead rides as needed.
- Occasionally rebalance the bike system using a company vehicle, on and off campus, as needed.
- Dependable and reliable
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and manage special projects and work assignments
- Proven ability to work cohesively with on-site and off-site staff as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven data tracking and analysis skills
- Quality customer service through professional interactions
- Positive attitude
- Commitment to comply with all safety standards, including bike and driving safety and all other safety-related policies
- Proven track record managing people and programs
- Collaborative, team player
- Creative and can-do approach to problem solving and decision making
- Highly proactive and responsive, with outstanding customer service skills
- Highly organized, with experience in project and financial management
- Experience with data tracking and analysis
- Innovative mindset
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Complete comfort with office and mobile technology/tools. Experience with all Microsoft office products.
- Passionate about cycling and alternative transportation
- Bike commute experience a plus
- Work in a corporate environment a plus
- Bike industry experience a plus
Salary commensurate with experience
Health, dental, vision, 401K with 4% matching, commuter benefits, industry discounts, paid time off all included.
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with great perks.