Bikes Make Life Better, Inc plans and operates bike programs for large organizations that have a strong commitment to sustainable transportation.
We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week + benefits and weekends free) experienced bicycle mechanic and rebalancer to service a growing corporate bike program at one of our client organizations in Sunnyvale. In addition to maintaining the fleet bikes used daily by hundreds of employees, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the daily distribution of fleet bikes around campus.
The ideal candidate should be able to competently diagnose, repair and maintain bicycles, be comfortable working outdoors, riding a bike in varying weather conditions, and providing excellent customer service.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide daily service and repair of campus fleet bikes
- Assemble campus bikes on an as-needed basis
- Monitor GPS Fleet Management Software
- Rebalance bikes, using a cargo bike and trailer and/or van (training provided)
- Prep and repair loaner bikes
- Organize and maintain tools and other assets of the bicycle maintenance operation
- Assist with bike programs, events and special promotions, as needed
- Teach classes and clinics, as needed (training provided)
- Lead and assist with rides and other commute events as necessary (training provided)
- Opportunity to work on special projects as the needs arise
- 2+ years as a bike mechanic, preferably at a bike or all-sports shop
- Education, training and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proven ability to assemble and work on many types of bicycles
- Ability to rebalance bikes using cargo bike and trailer and van
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to frequently lift 40 pounds
- Experience servicing electric bikes (preferred but not required)
- Friendly and customer service-oriented
- Self-starter with superb time management skills and the ability to multitask in a collaborative, busy work environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Solid computer skills (POS, Excel, CRM, email) and comfort learning new programs
- $26 /hour (weekdays only)
- Health, dental, vision, 401K with 4% matching, industry discounts, PTO, free meals and other perks
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with great perks.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
Disclaimer: Protecting your information is essential to us. We may contact you to qualify your needs and interest in Bikes Make Life Better, but we will never share contact details or related information with third parties.