Bikes Make Life Better plans and operates bike programs for large organizations. We serve many of the world’s most respected companies, most notably, Bay Area tech companies. We run a robust bike program at a leading tech company in Sunnyvale and are hiring a Program Coordinator to help promote safe bike commuting to, from and around their corporate campus.
The role of the Program Coordinator is to encourage employees to bike commute to/from work and encourage safe cycling habits around campus.
If you're an experienced bike commuter, with outstanding customer service skills, and a real passion for helping people ride happily and safely, then this could be the job for you.
- Collaborate with the Bike Program Manager and Bike Team to develop and promote programs to encourage new bike riders
- Create educational and marketing materials to promote bike commuting and safe use of campus bikes. This includes digital slides, signage, and the monthly bike newsletter.
- Develop, promote and facilitate classes on bike safety, bike commuting and basic bike maintenance
- Lead group bike rides, model safe riding
- Coordinate, market and facilitate a bike loaner program and Bike Sales program for employees
- Assist in the coordination and execution of end-of-trip facilities that include bike racks, pumps, and tools
- Coordinate and staff all bike-related events, such as monthly tabling events, classes, and rides. Represent the bike program at all transportation events.
- Assist in data collection and analysis that measures the bike program against established key performance indicators
- Respond to employee requests and questions about bike commuting, bike related amenities and campus bike use
- Passion for bikes as everyday transportation
- Experience in project management and curriculum development
- Comfortable working with computers, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, content creation software (Adobe illustrator, Photoshop) and marketing tools. Graphic design skills a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Customer service focus, with emphasis on responsiveness and professionalism
- Reliable and responsible
- Experience as a bike commuter preferred
- Basic bike mechanic skills preferred
- Photography/videography experience a plus
Our compensation package includes:
- $28/hour (weekdays only)
- Health, dental, vision, 401K with 4% matching, paid time off, including paid holidays, industry discounts, and other perks.
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with great perks.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
Disclaimer: Protecting your information is essential to us. We may contact you to qualify your needs and interest in Bikes Make Life Better, but we will never share contact details or related information with third parties.